Finding and Choosing a Career:
What exactly does it mean for work to be soulful? Soulful work is work that is creative and affirms life. It involves you in the creative process and there is always an element of play involved. The deepest and most spiritual work is so closely akin to play that it is hard to tell the difference. If there is not an element of play in your work then you need to think more about your approach to it.
Almost any work can be soulful if we take the right approach to it. Often the trick to making work soulful lies in readjusting our own perceptions and approach more so than finding a new job. Think about the ways you can go about making your own work soulful. Think about the ways you can make it a more fun and rewarding experience. There are people in every profession that think of their job as drudgery and then there are others who think it is a joy to be a part of. What is it that makes people view the same thing two different ways? It is the soul of the participant. Thus by learning to find your soul in your work life then you too will begin to experience it as fun and magical rather than boring and drudgery.
Brainstorm about ways you can make your job more interesting and fun. Here are some suggestions:
- Make a game out of it.
- Imagine that the universe is trying to communicate with you through your job and try to figure out what the message is.
- Try to pretend this is the first time ever for you to do what you are doing. The freshness will certainly make it more fun.
- Put yourself in the mind of the person on the other end -- whether that is your customer, your audience or your professor and try to find a way to present something to them that excites them and amazes them then deliver that.
- Act as if this is the last time you will ever be able to perform the service you are about to perform. This will ensure your best effort.
- Try affirmations. Brainwash yourself into enjoying your job.
- Try to exceed your own abilities each and every time and think about the results for you if you achieve greatness.
- Be the best at whatever you are assigned to do.
- Learn to be appreciative of the opportunity you are being given and then let that spur you own to a deeper and more soulful effort.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and is not be interpreted as financial or legal advice. This does not represent a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any security. Please consult your financial advisor.